Chicago Golf Cart Accident Attorney
Golf carts are popular recreational vehicles that are used in various areas in and around the Chicago area. Unfortunately, serious injuries can occur if individuals are involved in an accident while riding in a golf cart. At Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC, we are here to help if you need a Chicago golf cart accident attorney by your side. Our team understands the injury claims process, and we want to help you recover compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC?
- At Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC, we have an incredible track record of success handling complex injury claims in Chicago and throughout Illinois.
- We firmly believe in standing up for the rights of our clients, and we have no problem taking a case all the way to trial if needed.
- We handle golf cart accident claims in Chicago on a contingency fee basis, so clients will pay absolutely no legal fees until we recover the compensation they need.
Common Golf Cart Injuries in Chicago
Any type of injury sustained while using a gas-powered or electric golf cart is considered a golf cart injury. These smaller vehicles are often used on golf carts or as other sources of transportation in retirement communities, resorts, amusement parks, etc. Unfortunately, golf cart accidents occur in various ways, including driver error, vehicle malfunction, or hazardous roadway conditions.
Golf cart accidents often result in major injuries. Drivers and passengers of these vehicles typically are not restrained, and it is not uncommon for individuals to become ejected when an accident occurs or to get pinned under the vehicle or other objects. Some of the most common injuries associated with golf cart accidents include:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Head injuries or traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Significant lacerations or puncture wounds
- Internal bleeding or internal organ damage
Compensation Available for a Golf Cart Accident Claim
Chicago golf cart accident victims may be able to recover both economic and non-economic damages if the incident was caused by the negligence of another party.
- Economic damages include the types of losses that are relatively calculable after a golf cart injury occurs. This can include medical bills, property damage expenses, lost income, and any other out-of-pocket expenses a person experiences as a result of the injury.
- Non-economic damages include losses that are harder to measure but are just as important. This includes compensation for a victim’s loss of enjoyment of life as well as their physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by the incident.
Individuals responsible for paying this compensation will vary but could include the owner of the golf cart, a company that rented the golf cart, property owners where the incident occurred, and more.
Call a Chicago Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a golf cart accident caused by the actions of another party, contact an attorney as soon as possible. At Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC, we are here to help, and we know what it takes to help secure compensation for our clients. We will investigate your golf cart accident and work to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf. When you need a Chicago golf cart accident attorney, you can reach out for a free consultation of your claim by filling out our contact form or calling (312) 586-1700.