Chicago Product Liability and Defective Product Lawyer
Illinois Products Liability law creates the greatest incentive for manufacturers and distributors of products to put safety in the forefront. We have seen the devastation that unreasonably dangerous products can cause and we are dedicated to providing the highest degree of professional service and counseling to our clients to guide them through this process and achieve the fairest possible remedy under the law. Speak with an experienced Chicago product liability attorney at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC today at (312) 586-1700.
Why Choose Us?
- At Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC, we firmly believe in standing up for the rights of our clients when they have been harmed by the negligent actions of other companies.
- Our team has no problem fully preparing a claim for a trial by jury because we know the only way to help clients secure justice is to fight for them every step of the way.
- Our attorneys have an extensive track record of success, and we have recovered significant multimillion-dollar settlements on behalf of clients throughout Illinois.
- We handle Chicago product liability plans on a contingency fee basis. Clients will pay us no legal fees until after we successfully recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Illinois Products Liability law
Illinois Products Liability law holds manufacturers and distributors of products responsible for injuries that occur due to improper design, improper manufacture and improper warning. Therefore while this body of law provides a remedy for people who are unfortunately injured as a result of unreasonably dangerous products, it is also a great incentive to get the people responsible for making and selling these products to start thinking properly about safety. Analyzing who may be responsible for an injury caused by an unreasonably dangerous product takes a great deal of experience and knowledge in the area of Illinois Product Liability law. Any person or entity along the chain of distribution can be responsible.
Product liability claims in Illinois are typically considered strict liability cases. This is different from other personal injury lawsuits that you may be familiar with. In a typical personal injury lawsuit, the injury victim has to prove that the other party’s negligent behavior caused the injury. However, for injury cases involving defective products, the courts will not require the injury victim to prove that the defendant was negligent.
Instead, product liability claims will fall under the theory of strict liability. This means that it does not matter whether or not the defendant was negligent. What matters in these situations is that the defendant (whether that be a company, manufacturer, retailer, distributor, etc.) Sold or provided an unreasonably dangerous product.
In order to prevail with a product liability claim, the plaintiff will need to show the following:
- That there was a condition with the product design, manufacture, or labeling that made the product unreasonably dangerous.
- The dangerous condition existed at the time the product left the defendant’s control.
- The dangerous condition was the cause of the injury suffered by the plaintiff.
It will need to be shown that the defendant failed to disclose that the product had an unreasonably dangerous condition or that the manufacturer did not instruct the defendant about the proper use of the product if there was anything about the product that the average consumer would not be aware of.
Types of Product Liability Cases
As briefly mentioned above, product liability claims typically fall under three different types of defects:
- Improper design. This refers to any product that is designed in a way that can pose a risk to the safety of users. These types of flaws can occur in any type of product, including products we use around the house, foods and beverages, medications, appliances, vehicles, and more.
- Improper manufacture. This type of design flaw refers to products that are otherwise well-designed but experience problems during the manufacturing process that render them unsafe for use or consumption. Again, this can happen to any type of product that goes through a manufacturing process.
- Improper warning. Improper warnings refer to issues with advertising or the label of the product. Consumers should be well informed about the product they are using. These problems can arise when there are incomplete directions, missing warnings, incorrect ingredient lists, and more.
Product liability cases encompass a wide range of legal disputes arising from the use of defective products. Among the various types of cases, design defects stand out as a prominent concern, often leading to serious injuries such as broken bones. The prevalence of such incidents is evidenced by the many cases that have been filed, shedding light on the importance of consumer safety. In response to these risks, product recalls have become a vital mechanism to mitigate harm and protect consumers. Medical devices, in particular, have been subject to scrutiny due to their potential to cause harm if they are defective or malfunction. Understanding the complexities and potential dangers associated with product liability cases is crucial for ensuring accountability, promoting safer products, and safeguarding the well-being of consumers.
Contact a Product Liability Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries or damages due to a defective product, seeking the assistance of a skilled product liability lawyer in Chicago is essential. Product liability lawyers specialize in handling cases where consumers have been harmed by defective products, providing expertise and legal representation. We offer a free consultation to assess the viability of your case and provide guidance on the legal options available to you. With extensive experience in navigating complex product liability laws, we will effectively advocate for your rights against manufacturers, distributors, or insurance companies. Whether the case involves a design defect in a consumer product or significant medical expenses resulting from the use of a faulty medical device, a competent Chicago product liability lawyer will work tirelessly to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
The partners of the Chicago Law firm of Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC, have more than decades of collective experience in handling cases of this nature. We strive to provide top-notch representation of consumers and working men and women who are forced to encounter or be exposed to hazardous and dangerous products in the course of their employment or in their every day lives. If you have suffered serious injury as the result of the use or exposure to a hazardous product, the Chicago, IL product liability attorneys at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC, can help you make informed decisions about your legal rights. As our client, we are proud of the fact that a team of legal professionals and investigators who are dedicated to your cause will back you. Please call us today at 312-586-1700 or contact us via email for a free, no-obligation consultation.