A founding partner of the firm, Sean is a dedicated trial attorney who has obtained numerous multi-million-dollar jury verdicts and settlements for his clients.
Throughout his career, Sean has been committed to delivering outstanding results for his clients. He has successfully handled a wide range of personal injury cases, including construction injuries, explosions, trucking, and motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, civil rights, sexual assaults, premises liability, and workplace injuries including the representation of union workers. Sean is a tenacious lawyer who dedicates himself to being a winning advocate for his clients.
Sean has personally obtained many record jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients, including the highest settlement for any of the 21 wrongful death victims of the E2 nightclub tragedy, the highest construction negligence jury verdict in LaSalle County, the highest injury jury verdict in Kankakee County, the highest ankle settlement or jury verdict in Illinois, the highest settlement in Illinois for a decedent over 90 years old, and the highest jury verdict for a finger related injury to a minor in Illinois. He is known for taking on difficult cases and aggressively pursuing every angle in order to achieve the best possible results for his clients.
In 2022 and 2023 Sean was named one of the Top 100 Super Lawyers in the State of Illinois. He has also been selected by fellow trial attorneys as an Illinois Leading Lawyer and is the 2012 recipient of the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin’s Trial Lawyer Excellence Award for winning a $67 million dollar verdict including punitive damages on behalf of his client.
Sean has developed an impressive record as a trial attorney in the courtroom fighting on behalf of his clients. Sean has obtained many notable jury verdicts and settlements. His recent verdicts and settlements include:
- $67.2 million state record, federal jury verdict including punitive damages on behalf of a laborer who was injured while working on a ConAgra grain bin that exploded causing severe burn injuries. The offer prior to verdict was $4,100,000.
- $13 million settlement on behalf of the family of a 68-year-old woman who was killed when a Pace bus driver with diagnosed sleep apnea fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a tree alongside the road.
- $8.6 million settlement on behalf of 4 nurses who were involved in a hostage incident at Delnor Hospital. One of the nurses was raped and beaten, and the others sustained psychological injuries.
- $8.5 million settlement for a truck driver who fell 12’ while tarping a load of steel fracturing both ankles. This settlement is higher than any ankle injury jury verdict or settlement ever achieved in the State of Illinois.
- $6 million settlement for a union concrete laborer that fell 22’ when a deck under construction collapsed due to a lack of shoring.
- $5.25 million policy limit settlement for a longshoreman who lost his leg in an accident while riding his motorcycle in Indiana.
- $5 million for a woman who lost two fingers while using a circular with no guarding.
- $3.15 million settlement for a mechanic that suffered head injuries in a trucking collision.
- $3.2 million policy limits settlement during trial for an ironworker that injured his ulnar nerve while starting a gas saw at the O’Hare expansion project. The defendants made a token offer prior to trial; however, after five days of testimony, the Defendant tendered its policy.
- $3 million policy limits settlement for a young girl severely burned in a propane gas explosion. Her family’s vacation cabin had accumulated with propane gas after a company installed a new propane tank on the property, causing the explosion. The company initially denied any liability, and the case proceeded through discovery until the policy limits were tendered.
- $2.95 million settlement for the family of a union ironworker who fell 19’ and died on a jobsite due to inadequate fall protection.
- $2.8 million settlement for a roofer who fell through an unsafe skylight.
- $2.75 million state record jury verdict in a medical malpractice case on behalf of a young girl who suffered a lacerated tendon to her middle finger following a c-section delivery. The offer prior to trial was $300,000.
- $2.7 million settlement for a union insulator who tripped and fell over wooden cribbing on a jobsite. He suffered a ruptured quadriceps and a rotator cuff tear requiring surgery.
- $2.5 million settlement for a female ironworker who fell 12’ and broke both of her wrists due to the general contractor failing to erect a lifeline for her to tie off to.
- $2.25 million in a medical malpractice case for a child who was died from an overdose of hydrocodone following a tonsillectomy.
- $2.1 million settlement for the family of a young woman killed in the E2 Nightclub tragedy. This amount obtained represents the highest settlement of any of the 71 victims that filed suit.
- $2.1 million jury verdict for a union worker that fell from a ladder fracturing his heel and wrist. The offer prior to trial was $645,000.
- $1.95 million settlement for an ironworker who fell from a crane causing him to fracture both wrists and injure his shoulders.
- $2.05 million settlement for an ironworker injured when a ladder fell on him during a downtown high-rise project.
- $1.375 million state record settlement for a 96-year-old man that slipped and fell on a recently mopped floor and broke his hip ultimately causing his death.
- $1 million settlement for a man severely injured after he contacted a live overhead power line while carrying a ladder.
- $810,315 record LaSalle County verdict for an ironworker who injured his ankle after tripping on debris. The offer prior to trial was $100,000.
- $600,420 record Kankakee County jury verdict for a drywaller that broke his wrist when he tripped and fell over an electrical cord on a jobsite. The offer prior to trial was $0.
- $616,788 jury verdict for a 75-year-old woman that slipped and fell and injured her ankle and shoulder in a parking lot. The offer prior to trial was $135,000
- $407,545 verdict against the City of Chicago for a woman that broke her elbow after tripping and falling on a cracked sidewalk. The offer prior to trial was $2,500.