Schaumburg Car Accident Lawyer
Every year, hundreds of car accidents occur on Illinois roads. Many factors contribute to these accidents, from poor road conditions and inclement weather to dangerous, reckless driving behaviors. If you are in an accident in Schaumburg, you may have grounds for an insurance claim or lawsuit—and the attorneys at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC can help. Call our office today to speak with a Schaumburg car accident attorney at (312) 586-1700.
Our lawyers have decades of experience representing Illinois residents in their car accident claims. We will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys are dedicated to securing the maximum possible compensation for our clients. We have recovered over $400 million in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our firm strives to provide the highest level of professional service to our clients. We will pursue every angle to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Our personal injury attorneys have extensive negotiation and trial experience. We will not hesitate to take your case to trial if necessary.
Who Is Liable for a Car Accident in Schaumburg?
Illinois follows a fault insurance system after car accidents. Under these laws, drivers who cause car accidents must pay for their victims’ damages. Common examples of driver negligence include:
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Driving over the speed limit
- Making an unsafe lane change
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving, such as texting and driving
- Following too closely, also known as tailgating
If you are in an accident with a driver who violates traffic law or operates his or her vehicle in an unsafe manner, you may have grounds for a lawsuit or insurance claim. Most car accident cases begin as an insurance claim before proceeding to a lawsuit if necessary. However, there are some situations where it may be in your best interest to file a lawsuit from the beginning. Speak to an attorney at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC to discuss your optimal path to compensation.
How to Prove a Schaumburg Car Accident Claim
In order to secure compensation after a car accident, you will need to prove that the other driver caused the accident. During the insurance process, an adjuster will investigate your accident and determine who caused it. You may need to engage in negotiations and provide evidence, such as medical records and witness testimony, to prove your right to compensation.
If the adjuster believes that the other party caused the accident, the company will provide you with a settlement offer, which you can choose to accept or deny. The company may also choose to deny your claim.
During the lawsuit process, you will need to prove four key facts.
- The driver owed you a duty of care.
- The driver breached his or her duty of care.
- The driver’s breach of duty caused the accident.
- You sustained damages in the accident that you can collect in your lawsuit.
You will need to gather evidence such as medical records, witness testimony, surveillance footage, and photographs to establish each of these elements. Your attorney will handle the investigation on your behalf and may also consult with expert witnesses, such as accident reconstructionists and medical professionals, to further support your claim.
Contact a Schaumburg Car Accident Attorney Today
Are you the victim of a Schaumburg car accident? The lawyers at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC can represent you in your insurance claim and lawsuit. We are dedicated to securing the maximum possible compensation and can support you on your path to recovery. Schedule a free consultation today to discuss your legal options.