Schaumburg Truck Accident Lawyer
All drivers have a duty to follow traffic laws—including commercial truck drivers. In fact, these drivers and their employers must follow strict state and federal guidelines regarding hours of service, cargo weights, and more. Unfortunately, not all truck drivers uphold this duty, leading to severe, catastrophic accidents.
If you are in a truck accident on Schaumburg roads, trust the attorneys at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC for assistance. Our lawyers will advocate for your right to compensation, holding the driver and his or her employer accountable for your losses. Call (312) 586-1700 to speak with one of our experienced Schaumburg truck accident attorneys.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys understand how painful truck accident injuries can be. We will handle every aspect of your case on your behalf, allowing you to focus on recovery.
- Our firm has a history of success in our accident claims, securing over $400 million in settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of our clients.
- With decades of experience, you can trust our personal injury attorneys to aggressively pursue every possible angle of your case. We will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome.
Legal Options for Truck Accident Victims
If you are in a truck accident in Schaumburg, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the driver, his or her employer, or another party that may be responsible for the collision. Through this claim, you can recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and non-economic losses, known as pain and suffering. However, you will need to prove that the at-fault parties caused the accident in order to secure this compensation.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Commercial trucks are significantly larger and heavier than passenger cars. As a result, collisions between a truck and a motor vehicle can be catastrophic, leading to severe injuries that require long-term care.
Common truck accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury and long-term brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries, often resulting in paralysis
- Mangled limbs and amputation
- Broken bones and fractures
- Burn injuries due to vehicle fires
- Deep lacerations and painful abrasions
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Rib and torso injuries
What Causes Schaumburg Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents can occur due to several reasons. In some cases, poor weather or bad road conditions cause the accident. In other cases, a truck driver may commit negligent or reckless driving behaviors, including the following.
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe lane changes
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drowsy driving, often due to hours of service violations
Truck drivers have a duty to adhere to federal trucking guidelines, which include limits on the number of hours he or she can drive without a break. In many cases, violations of these rules contribute to these accidents. If a truck driver causes an accident while he or she is driving for an employer, the employer will also be liable for your injuries.
Some accidents occur due to negligence on the part of the trucking company as well as the driver. These employers, like their employees, have a duty to follow federal and state trucking guidelines. Unfortunately, these entities may fail to regularly inspect or maintain their vehicles, follow cargo-loading guidelines, or even ensure that their drivers have the proper licensing. In these situations, the company will be liable for your injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Schaumburg Truck Accident Lawyer
If you are in a Schaumburg truck accident, the attorneys at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC can help. Our lawyers have the skills, experience, and resources to secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options.