Arlington Heights Personal Injury Attorney
Accidents happen every day in Illinois, resulting in serious injuries and significant financial hardship. Recovery can be even more difficult if someone else caused this harm. If you have suffered an injury due to another’s recklessness, you may have grounds for a lawsuit or insurance claim.
In these situations, the lawyers at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC can help. We represent injured Arlington Heights residents in their personal injury claims against drivers, property owners, medical professionals, and more. Speak with a Arlington Heights personal injury lawyer by calling (312) 586-1700.
Why Choose Our Arlington Heights Personal Injury Lawyers
- Our attorneys bring decades of experience to your claim. We will leverage our experience, skills, and resources to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- Our firm has a track record of successful settlements and jury verdicts. We have recovered over $400 million on behalf of our clients.
- Our Arlington Heights personal injury attorneys are dedicated to obtaining justice for our clients. We will not hesitate to take your personal injury claim to trial if necessary.
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
A personal injury claim arises when you suffer harm due to another person or entity’s negligence. Negligence occurs when the at-fault person or entity fails to uphold a certain duty of care, which depends on the circumstances of the accident.
At Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC, our attorneys handle multiple types of personal injury claims, including:
- Car accidents
- Slip and falls
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Rideshare collisions
- Boating accidents
- Wrongful death claims
- Injuries on someone else’s property
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Workplace injuries
How to Prove a Personal Injury Claim in Arlington Heights
If you suffer an injury due to another person’s negligence, you may have grounds to file a personal injury claim against him or her. However, you will need to establish that the other person acted in negligence and caused the accident, leading to your injuries. Some personal injury claims begin in the insurance stage and proceed to a lawsuit if unsuccessful. Other personal injury claims begin and end in the lawsuit stage.
Proving a personal injury lawsuit can be a complex process. You and your attorney will need to provide sufficient evidence to support four key elements.
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. For example, drivers have a duty to follow traffic laws and drive safely, while property owners have a duty to maintain safe premises.
- The at-fault party breached his or her duty of care through a negligent act or failure to act. For example, a driver who runs a red light breaches the duty of care. A property owner who fails to repair a broken porch for months also breaches this duty.
- The at-fault party’s breach of duty caused your accident and resulting injuries. You will need to supply evidence such as medical records, witness testimony, reports from expert witnesses, surveillance footage, and correspondence to establish this element.
- You sustained damages in the accident that you can claim in your lawsuit. You can recover economic damages, such as lost wages, medical expenses, and property damages. You can also recover non-economic damages, known as pain and suffering.
By conducting an extensive investigation, your attorney will gather evidence to establish these elements and prove your right to compensation.
Contact an Arlington Heights Personal Injury Lawyer
Are you the victim of an accident in Arlington Heights? The lawyers at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC can help. With decades of experience and millions of dollars secured on behalf of our clients, you can trust our firm to advocate for your best interests. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about your legal options.