Arlington Heights Truck Accident Attorney
Collisions between a truck and a motor vehicle can be catastrophic. If you are in an Arlington Heights truck accident, you can sustain severe injuries that require long-term care—leading to significant financial hardship.
In these situations, you may have grounds to file a claim against the at-fault driver, his or her employer, or even the manufacturer of a defective part. The Arlington Heights truck accident lawyers at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC are here to help hold the at-fault party accountable and support your path to recovery. Call our office today at (312) 586-1700 to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys are dedicated to securing maximum compensation on our clients’ behalf. We have recovered $400 million in settlements and jury verdicts.
- We have over decades of experience in personal injury law. Our attorneys will leverage their experience, resources, and skills to advocate aggressively for your best possible outcome.
- Our firm strives to provide the highest level of professional service possible. We are dedicated to securing justice for our clients and will always inform you of important case updates.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Commercial trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds, which is significantly heavier than the average passenger car. As a result, any collisions between these two vehicles can lead to serious and life-threatening injuries.
Some of the most common injuries in truck accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Deep cuts and lacerations
- Mangled limbs and amputation
- Internal organ damage
- Burns and permanent scarring
- Back and neck injuries, including whiplash
- Broken ribs and torso injuries
Who Is Liable for an Illinois Truck Accident?
Many factors can contribute to a truck accident. In some cases, poor weather and other natural elements cause the accident. In this situation, you may not have grounds for an accident claim. In other accidents, a defective vehicle part may cause the truck to malfunction on the road, leading to an accident. In this situation, you could file a lawsuit against the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer.
However, many truck accidents occur due to driver negligence or recklessness, such as drinking and driving or speeding. Additionally, truck drivers and their employers may fail to adhere to state and federal trucking regulations, such as cargo loading requirements and hours of service rules. In these situations, you could file a claim against the driver and his or her employer.
To identify the liable party in your truck accident case, you will need to first determine how the accident happened. The lawyers at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC will conduct an extensive investigation into your accident to determine the contributing factors. Once we are able to identify the liable parties, our attorneys will initiate the claim.
Damages Available to Arlington Heights Truck Accident Victims
Through a truck accident lawsuit, you can recover compensation for your financial, physical, and emotional damages related to your injuries. You will need to provide evidence such as medical records, witness testimony, surveillance footage, and documents from the trucking company, such as log books and maintenance records.
Common damages in truck accident lawsuits include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Disability accommodations
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Property repairs and replacements
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Contact A Truck Accident Attorney In Arlington Heights Today
Truck accidents can lead to serious injuries, financial hardship, and emotional trauma. If you are in a truck accident in Arlington Heights, you need an attorney on your side—and the lawyers at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC can help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and identify your optimal path to recovery.