Chicago Explosion Accident Lawyer
Explosions can result in severe, catastrophic injuries that require long-term care. Unfortunately, many Chicago employees encounter explosions while performing their job duties. In these situations, explosion accident victims have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim.
If you are the victim of an explosion accident, the Chicago work injury attorneys at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC can help. We represent injured Chicago employees in their workers’ compensation claims and lawsuits. Our attorneys will fight tenaciously to secure the funds you need to recover. Call us today at (312) 586-1700.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys bring decades of experience to our clients. We will leverage our skills, knowledge, and resources to secure the outcome you deserve.
- Our firm has a track record of successful settlements and record-breaking verdicts. Over our years of operation, we have recovered over $400 million for our clients.
- We value open and honest communication throughout each stage of your case. We will always be available to answer your questions and respond to any concerns you may have.
Causes of Explosion Accidents
Explosion accidents can occur due to a variety of reasons, depending on the industry and circumstances surrounding the incident. Some of the most common causes of explosion accidents include the following.
- Fires, high heat, and sparks
- Faulty electrical equipment
- Unsafe or unsanitary working conditions
- Improper use or storage of chemicals
- Mishaps while handling explosive materials
- Failure to uphold safety standards
- Open sources of fuel
- Defective machinery
Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Chicago
If you are in an explosion accident while on the job, you have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim to recover benefits for medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses. To secure these benefits, you will need to prove that your injury occurred on the job and did not involve self-inflicted injuries, violations of company policy, or violations of Illinois law.
After your accident, you will need to submit a notice to your employer within 45 days. He or she will then have 30 days to file a claim with his or her workers’ compensation insurer. The insurer will then review your claim and determine whether or not you are entitled to benefits.
Why You Need a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Filing a workers’ comp claim is not always straightforward. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, your employer may claim that you are ineligible for all or a portion of your benefits. In these situations, you need an attorney on your side.
A workers’ compensation lawyer from Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC can provide several benefits, including the following.
- Knowledge of the workers’ compensation process
- The ability to negotiate for a higher settlement
- The ability to handle the appeals process if your claim is denied
- The ability to identify and calculate all of the benefits you qualify for
- The ability to complete all documentation accurately and in a timely manner
By hiring an attorney to represent your claim, you can protect your right to compensation and avoid common mistakes that could lead to a denial of benefits. Your lawyer will always advocate for your best interests throughout the process, helping you secure the award you need to recover from the accident.
Contact a Chicago Explosion Accident Attorney
If you are in an explosion accident in Chicago, the attorneys at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC can help. With decades of experience and over $400 million secured for our clients, you can trust our firm to fight for your right to maximum recovery. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal options.