Chicago Scaffolding Accident Lawyer
Many Chicago employees require scaffolding to perform their jobs. However, these structures can collapse, causing serious accidents and severe injuries to employees aboard them. If you are in a Chicago scaffolding accident, contact the attorneys at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC. Our lawyers bring decades of experience to our clients and will leverage our resources, experience, and skills to secure the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (312) 586-1700.
Why Choose Us
- Our attorneys are dedicated to achieving the maximum possible recovery for our clients. We have secured over $400 million in settlements and jury verdicts.
- We believe in open and honest communication throughout the case process. Our firm will be available to answer your questions and inform you of important case updates.
- Our attorneys will examine your case and explain each of your legal options, helping you identify the optimal path to compensation.
Common Causes of Scaffolding Accidents
Scaffolding accidents may occur for a number of reasons, from improper construction to machinery defects. Some of the most common contributing factors include:
- Scaffolding defects, such as poor design or manufacturing
- Improper scaffolding construction
- Inadequate employee training
- Improper or weak planking, which helps support the scaffold
- Poor access to safety equipment
- Inadequate maintenance or outdated scaffolding
- Untrained, negligent, or inexperienced coworkers or contractors
- Hazardous conditions such as inclement weather
- Employer violations of scaffolding safety standards
Filing an Illinois Workers’ Compensation Claim
If you sustain an injury in a scaffolding accident while on the job, you have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim, regardless of fault. To recover this compensation, you will need to prove that the accident occurred while you were at work. You will also need to prove that your case did not involve self-inflicted injuries, criminal violations, or breaches of company policy.
Through a workers’ compensation claim, you can receive compensation for the following benefits:
- All past and future medical expenses related to your injuries
- Short-term temporary disability benefits if you are unable to work or perform your previous position while recovering from your injuries
- Long-term disability benefits if you are unable to return to your same position or sustain a permanent loss of function after you reach maximum medical improvement
- Death benefits and burial expenses if you lost a loved one to a scaffolding accident
Why You Need a Chicago Scaffolding Accident Lawyer
While you may be eligible for workers’ comp benefits, your employer may deny all or a portion of your award. If you are suffering from a severe injury that requires permanent care, this denial could put you at risk of long-term financial hardship and additional complications later on. In these situations, you need a workers’ compensation attorney to represent your claim.
A lawyer can provide several benefits to your case, including:
- The ability to represent you during negotiations with your employer
- Knowledge of the benefits you may qualify for and the ability to calculate an estimated settlement
- Experience handling cases similar to yours and the ability to complete all paperwork in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- The ability to craft a compelling and comprehensive case for your right to maximum recovery
Contact a Chicago Scaffolding Accident Attorney
If you are in a Chicago scaffolding accident, you may be eligible for a workers’ compensation claim. In these situations, trust the lawyers at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC to represent your case. Our attorneys will advocate aggressively for your right to benefits, helping secure the outcome you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your optimal path to recovery.